On my fridge I have a magnetic bottle opener shaped like a pint of beer and a magnetic dead Kenny from South Park. Those are pretty cool, I suppose, but they pale in comparison to having an Apple iPad as an extra large fridge magnet. And that’s exactly what you can have with the FridgePad.
You may have already seen a picture of the iPad mounted to someones kitchen wall, effectively turning it into a mini-monitor for cooking entertainment. With the FridgePad, you can do the same, except your $500+ iPad is magnetically attached to, well, your fridge. It sounds silly, but this product from Woodford Design could actually be useful in some situations. Unfortunately, as a large case with a magnet on the back, it’s hard to justify the $75 asking price, don’t you think? Although it is much cheaper than those LG Internet fridges. Look for the FridgePad on Amazon some time soon.
Bristol (UK) – July 30, 2010 – Woodford Design are proud to announce theFridgePad, the first and only iPad fridge magnet mount.
The FridgePad magnetically mounts your iPad to your kitchen fridge so it’s at the heart of your home and in a perfect location for all the family to use. The FridgePad can be used in landscape or portrait mode, allows the iPad to be simply clipped in and out for fast access and provides a great safe and secure place to store your iPad.
The FridgePad is an accessory to make the iPad work better for you. This really is one of those products that once you have tried it you’ll love it.
The FridgePad creates the ultimate fridge magnet and allows you to do so much more with your iPad. We would go as far as to say that it unleashes the iPad’s potential to become an essential part of your daily home life, for example:
• Provides a great location in the centre of your home for everyone to use the iPad.
• No more hunting around to find where you last put your iPad.
• Great for checking the news, travel and weather whilst you have breakfast.
• Perfect location for quick and simple email checking and internet browsing.
• Great convenient location for reading cookery books, watching live TV or videos.
• Puts the iPad in a perfect position for listening to music whilst cooking or eating.
• Gets your iPad away from kitchen mess and grime.
• Provides a quick and simple storage location and keeps your iPad out of harms way (pets, children).
• Fast and easy iPad clip in and removal.
• Full access to all ports and buttons.
• Future proof – replaceable corner clips allow for iPad design changes.
Woodford Design wanted to take iPad accessories to the next level of quality, so the FridgePad is more than just a fridge magnet. It has been cast and machined out of a solid chunk of high quality aluminium and will be offered in a luxurious silver finish. The FridgePad has been designed to look good even when not in use and to ensure that it enhances your kitchen and doesn’t detract from the iPad’s great industrial design.
Pricing & Availability
FridgePad will retail for £49 and will be available at Amazon.com from Autumn 2010. Customers can register their interest at: www.woodforddesign.com to get the latest updates.