It looks like Santa Claus paid a visit to all the Rogers and Fido subscribers of Canada last night, because some rogue employee decided to leak out the company’s insider roadmap. This isn’t just some random blurb of text either, because having attended the official company meeting, this employee decided to snap pictures of nearly every PowerPoint slide.
Among the highlights are the following:
- In the first half of 2009, Rogers plans on releasing a couple more Nokia N-series smartphones, including the N96.
- In the second or third quarter of 2009, Rogers and Fido will get the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (Tube).
- Also in Q2 or Q3, Rogers will get the Sony Xperia X1 and the Sony Ericsson C905a (8MP, $300 with contract).
- The MOTOZINE ZN5 (Motorola phone with 5MP Kodak camera) will come to Rogers/Fido in late Q1 for $50 with contract.
- Some time in 2009, Rogers will add the MOTO Q11 smartphone, presumably replacing the Q9h.
- On the HTC front, expect the Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch Viva, and Touch 3G.
- The Samsung M8800 Pixon with TouchWiz comes to Rogers/Fido in late Q1 with 8MP camera, 120fps video recording, and touchscreen.
- Rogers expands its BlackBerry lineup with 82xx flip and 9520 Storm.
- BlackBerry might be coming to Fido with the 82xx Pearl Flip, 8110 Pearl, and 8900 Curve (Javelin), all with Fido UNO.
This all sounds pretty exciting to me, especially with the bigger push toward better camera phones and more consumer-friendly smartphones.