As you may have heard, Steve Jobs and Apple held themselves a little event this morning. There’s a lot of coverage out there, but some of us just want the key details. And that’s exactly what this point is going to provide. I was following the Gizmodo liveblog, so here is what I learned.
– iTunes 8: Genius playlists, grid view, HD show downloads, available today
– iPod Classic: 80GB gets bumped to 120GB for $250 (same price), 160GB gets canned
– New iPod nano: Just as we expected, thinner, round, aluminum, lots of colors, accelerometer, new headphones with micro remote and microphone, 24 hours of music, 4 hours of video, greenest and thinnest iPod ever, 8GB and 16GB for $150 and $199.
– Premium in-ear headphones: Dual drivers (woofer + tweeter in each ear), excellent sound, $79
– iPod touch update: Integrated volume controls, built-in speaker, Genius playlist, tapered back a la iPhone 3G, integrated Nike +, three sizes ($229 for 8GB, $299 for 16GB, $399 for 32GB)
– iPhone 2.1 update: new firmware fixes “a lot of bugs”, fewer dropped calls, fewer crashes, better battery life, faster sync
And that’s the gist of it. Kudos to Gizmodo for the coverage and the pics.