Motorola Phone Explodes, Actually Kills a Man

Motorola Phone Explodes, Actually Kills a Man

54
0
SHARE

We’ve heard countless stories of fiery laptop batteries, but this is the first time that I’ve ever heard of a cell phone exploding and actually killing a man. This is precisely what happened to Xiao Jenpeng, a welder at Yingpan Iron Ore Dressing Plant in China. As you can probably suspect, the explosion was due to a faulty battery.

Xiao kept his Motorola — they did not specify exactly which model — in his front chest pocket and then it spontaneously combusted while he was on the job. You have to bear in mind that the temperatures can get quite high within a welding plant, so it may have been that the cell phone battery reached a temperature it could not longer handle.

The actual incident happened on June 19, but Xiao Jenpeng did not pass away until July 4th. The explosion broke his ribs and fragments had pierced his heart. Motorola representatives in Beijing questioned whether the phone in question was actually an authentic Motorola, asking if it was a knockoff. This issue has not yet been clarified.

Our hearts go out to the family of Xiao Jenpeng, fake Motorola or not.

LEAVE A REPLY