Thankfully, the person who decided to fry their handset didn’t do it a hot HTC or Nokia N95. The victim of the over-charging appears to be an entry-level Siemens phone and, well, it’s not a pretty sight. Apparently, the battery inside the phone “managed to explode when the phone was charging.” And you thought the only concern was with laptop batteries.
The good news is that no one was hurt in the incident. The bad news is that whoever was around was likely inhaling some rather putrid and nasty fumes. That can’t be good.
I wonder if this is covered by the warranty.