So, Audi has got a supercar and the world is abuzz. Sure, it shares several components with the Lamborghini Gallardo, but those four circles on the hood remind us that the R8 is an Audi, through and through. Did you think that the German automaker was through was promoting their latest creation? Did you really think so? Far from, ’cause they just unleashed a bevy of photographs, feature lists, and specifications surrounding the Audi R8 supercar.
They’ve released no fewer than 69 new images, showing us the R8 from every which angle. We get a nice up-close look at the LED headlights (a production first), that crazy interior, and the sexy profile that begs to be taken for a rip around the test track. Oh, and in case you forgot, the R8 comes powered by a V8 FSI engine good for 420 horsepower. That thrust is spread over all four corners as the R8 comes equipped with Quattro permanent 4WD. Base price is set at EUR 104,000 with the first shipments scheduled to start in Q2.
Also check out the Audi R8 Video Gallery.
Audi R8 Specifications
– Powerfully dynamic, elegant design
– Lightweight aluminium body based on Audi Space Frame
– Aerodynamic negative lift for high directional stability
– Dimensions: L 4.43 m, W 1.90 m, H 1.25 m, wheelbase 2.65 m
– Generous amount of space for a mid-engine sports car
– Luggage compartment 100 l at front, a further 90 l behind the seats
– Acceleration 4.6 seconds
– Top speed 301 km/h
– High-revving V8 developing 309 kW (420 bhp), 430 Nm between 4,500 and 6,000 rpm
– FSI petrol direct injection
– Dry sump lubrication for a low centre of gravity and high loadability
Transmission and drivetrain:
– Six-speed manual gearbox with short gearshift travel
– R tronic sequential gearbox (optional)
– quattro permanent four-wheel drive, perfect weight distribution 44 % to 56 %
– Double wishbone axles at front and rear, safe self-steering properties
– Innovative damping system Audi magnetic ride (optional)
– 18-inch or 19-inch wheels, high-performance brake system
– Ceramic brake discs (optional, to follow)
– Sophisticated interior character, wide range of customisation options
– Extensive standard specification, xenon plus headlights with LED daytime
– running lights
– Bang & Olufsen sound system (optional)
– First car in the world with all-LED headlights (optional, from end 2007)
Full nine-part press release available through Read link below.