The ThinkPad Z60t by Lenovo is indeed creating a buzz as far as laptop aficionados are concerned.
First of all, it features a 14.1 inch widescreen and sports two speakers situated on either side of the keyboard. It has a scratch resistant titanium covering, yet weighs a measly 5.1 pounds.
But the real ‘treat’ is that it has a built-in EV-DO connection (made possible via Verizon Wireless’ BroadbandAccess Network), which means that users can connect to the great WWW at speeds comparable to DSL connections. You don’t even have to find a Wi-Fi hotspot to get connected online.
The ThinkPad Z60t is also as secure and reliable as its other ThinkPad predecessors. It features a TPM chip and fingerprint sensor. Furthermore, its hard is protected by ‘Roll Cage’, which is a single piece of magnesium that shelters the internal parts of the system to keep your information safe. So just in case you drop your Z60t, the ‘Roll Cage’ will protect your hard drive components from shock.
Below is a full feature list of the Lenovo ThinkPad Z60t, which can be yours for US $2,299.
– CPU: 2-GHz Intel Pentium M 760
– Operating System: Windows XP Pro
– RAM/Expandable to: 1GB/2GB
– Hard Drive: 5,400-rpm 100GB
– Optical Drive: 2.4X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-RW, 2.4X DVD+R, 2X DVD-R 8X DVD-ROM, 10X CD-RW, 24X CD-R, 24X CD-ROM
– Display/Resolution: 14-inch/WXGA
– Graphics/Video Memory: Intel GMA 900/64MB
– Wireless Networking: 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth, EV-DO
– Ports: Three USB 2.0, FireWire, S-Video, VGA, IR, headphone, mic, Ethernet, modem
– PC Card Slots: One Type I/II
– Memory Card Slots: Secure Digital
– Weight: 5.1 pounds (with seven-cell battery)
– Size: 13.1 x 1.2 x 0.9 inches
– Service and Support: One-year parts and labor
– MobileMark: 232
– Battery Life (Wi-Fi On/Off): 4:24/ 3:52
– Wireless Performance (5/50 feet): 15.2 Mbps/ 16.7 Mbps