Sanyo has come out with the newest addition to their line of Xacti digital camcorders, the Xacti C6. This model is being touted as the best in the Xacti line up, the C6 wins hands down over previously released models like the Xacti C40 and Xacti VPC-C5.
Weighing just 145 g and with dimensions of 108 x 68 x 23 mm, the Xacti C6 is equipped with a 5x optical zoom lens and a 6 Megapixel CCD sensor. With digital interpolation, users can take still pictures up to 10 Megapixels in size.
Some other impressive features of the Xacti C6 include:
• Video recording at resolutions up to 640 x 480 pixels and 30 FPS
• Content storing in MPEG4 format
• Electronic image stabilizer
• 9-point multi autofocus with option of a 16-step manual focus
• Six white balance settings
• Integrated flash with red eye reduction
• 210K pixel, 2-inch LCD viewfinder which swivels 285 degrees
• Audio recording in dual channel stereo in AAC format at 16 bits and 48 KHz
• Wind and motor noise reduction.
• S-Video out with NTSC/PAL support
• USB 2.0
The all new Xacti C6 supports a lithium Ion battery and claims a recording time of up to 1 hour for video and 140 still images when recording media to SD cards. The Xacti C6 comes bundled with a range of software; Ulead Photo Explorer 8.5 SE; Ulead DVD Movie Factory 4.0 SE; and Ulead Motion Director SE 1.1.
Although no official announcement came from Sanyo about its price, the Xacti C6 is expected to hit the streets of Europe in November 2005.