Palm and RIM announced that they are working to bring BlackBerry Connect to Palm Treo 650 smartphone users by early 2006. Under RIM’s BlackBerry Connect licensing program, Palm will enable the Treo 650 and future Palm OS Treo smartphones the capability of secure, push-based wireless email under the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Palm Treo smartphones will have the ability to enable the following;
– push-based email using BlackBerry Connect with Palm’s VersaMail email client;
– support for Microsoft Exchange and IBM Lotus Domino;
– wireless calendar synchronization;
– remote address lookup of corporate email directory;
– convenient email-attachment viewing;
– Triple DES encryption; and
– IT policy enforcement and commands (such as remotely disabling or wiping email and PIM data from a device in the event it is lost or stolen).