Itronix, a company that specializes in rugged technology has teamed up with Hummer and came up with a laptop to match your brand new H2. The Hummer laptop is a rugged laptop that resembles the hood of an H2 hummer SUV. It will be available in 3 hummerific colors – yellow, victory red, and pewter metallic.
The rugged aspects of the laptop include magnesium alloy casing with stainless steel hinges, shock-mounted hard drive and display, and a spill-resistant keyboard and palm rest area. In fact it is so rugged that it meets Military Specification (MIL-STD 810F) standards for vibration and temperature extremes. Other sweet features include an enhanced outdoor-viewable display with touch-screen options, a front loading battery, and a hard carry handle or flexable shoulder strap.
The unit is available in 5 different configurations defined by the different wireless options. The standard hardware config includes;
– 1.86 GHz Intel Centrino Pentium M processor + 533 MHz FSB
– Up to 1.5 GB DDRII DRAM (512MB Standard)
– 80 GB standard removable hard-disk drive
– Auto-adjusting LCD screen brightness
– Full cooling fan
Wireless options include;
– Three concurrent radios: standard Wi-Fi, optional GPS, and wireless broadband service (Cingular, Sprint or Verizon)
– Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g Intel Centrino wireless technology
– Wireless Broadband: Options for either CDMA or GPRS/EDG or 1x/EV-DO using the Itronix CRMA-Express(R) upgradable wireless data module
– Integrated GPS: Quadra-Helix High-Gain GPS Antenna Integrated Receiver Module
The Hummer laptop will hit streets in the US come November with plans to distribute to Canada in the near future. Expect it to set you back around $2,988 USD.