The world’s first EDGE phone with VoiceMode will be available from Rogers Wireless in Canada later this week. The Samsung p207 is a tri-band (850/1800/1900 MHz) mobile phone that operates on Rogers GSM/GPRS/EDGE network.
The p207 features VoiceMode, this software is provided by VoiceSignal and allows you to command the phone with speech-to-text. You can easily send text messages by dictating them into the phone, you can also enhance the system and add your own words to the VoiceMode dictionary. The demo on VoiceSignal’s website sounded very robotic, hopefully the system will actually be a bit more accurate and won’t require you-to-speak-so-slow-ly. This service will benefit many users who have difficulty typing messages on a mobile keypad or those who just want the ease and convenience of speaking out their messages.
Rogers Wireless is offering the Samsung p207 in store or online for for $99.99 with a 3-year contract.
Additional key features of the p207 include:
– Stylish, unique black casing
– Advanced Voice Recognition Solutions, including: Speaker independent message addressing, name dialing, name look-up, digit dialing, check status and application launch commands
– EDGE high-speed network provides fast access to messaging and content downloads such as Real Trax MP3 ringtones and interactive 3D gaming.
– Integrated VGA camera/camcorder
– Real Trax MP3 ringtones
– Wireless multimedia messaging