Motorola introduced their new smartphone today; the A1010 The A1010 features full functionality of a PDA in a mobile phone. This quad-band 3G phone will run the Symbian 7.0 OS with a full HTML browser with small and full screen rendering. The smartphone will feature a large 208×320 TFT display, 2.0 megapixel camera, VGA camera for video conferencing, and Bluetooth wireless.
The phone resembles more of a PDA than a cell phone, but this design has been popularized by many other handset makers.
The phone is expected to hit the market in the fourth quarter of this year.
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:
• Compact Tablet / PDA Form Factor
• WCDMA 2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 MHz functionality for global use
• Large, Brilliant Color display (208 x320 TFT)
• 2.0 Mega-pixel & VGA integrated camera (Video record / Image capture with 4X digital zoom)
• 2 Way video conferencing (Point to Point Video)
• Multimedia: Streaming, Capture & Playback (MP3, MPEG4)
• Messaging: SMS, MMS, Push E-mail (IMAP4, POP3), Instant Messenger
• Full HTML Browser with Small Screen and full screen Rendering
• Picsel Document Viewer / Edit (Supporting Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, Unzip)
• PIM Application (Calendar, Contacts, Notes)
• Synchronization: SyncML (OTA), Desktop PC Sync
• Removable TransFlash Memory
• Integrated USB, Bluetooth Wireless Technology
• A-GPS support for Location Services
• Virtual Private Networks Support
• Symbian 7.0 Operating System / UIQ 2.1
• J2ME (MIDP 2.0 + APIs)
• Download pictures, video, audio, ringtones, wallpaper, and applications