RIM and O2 today introduced the new BlackBerry 7290 Wireless Handheld for mobile professionals in Europe. The Java-based BlackBerry 7290 builds upon the popular BlackBerry experience with new features including a quad-band phone, Bluetooth support, a brighter color screen and enhanced memory.
The BlackBerry 7290 is designed for customers who want a compact, all-in-one device with exceptional messaging capabilities, integrated phone, organizer and browser for all their mobile communication and information needs. It is expected to be available from O2 in the UK, Germany and Ireland from November 2004.
The BlackBerry 7290 features all the popular elements of existing BlackBerry 7200 series handhelds, including a compact, ergonomic handheld design, high-resolution color screen that supports over 65,000 colours, easy-to-use QWERTY keyboard, thumb-operated navigation trackwheel, excellent battery performance, plus integrated support for corporate and personal email, phone, SMS, organizer, Internet and intranet applications.
New and enhanced features for the BlackBerry 7290 include:
– Quad-band support for GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz frequencies – enabling full international roaming
– Bluetooth support for Bluetooth headsets and car kits
– A brighter LED backlight – making it easy to check information anytime, anywhere
– Updated QWERTY keyboard style with highlighted number keys for easy dialling and typing
– Increased memory to 32 MB flash memory and 4 MB SRAM to further improve storage capabilities for messages, calendar appointments and applications
Pricing information will be available through O2 at the time of product availability.