Sony announced that their new recordable devices titled “Blu-Ray” will be on sale in May of 2004. The Optical Recording Devices can burn discs at 23.3GB capacity in both write-once and re-write format. The devices will appeal to companies with high amounts of data archives. There is a Ultra 160 SCSI and a USB 2.0 drive model capable of writing up to 9 MB/s.
The media; PDDRW23 (rewritable-single sided) and PDDWO23 (write-once) will be sold by Sony.
– Drive type: External
– Supported media write: PDDRW23, (rewritable),PDDWO23(recordable), 23.3GB
– Interface: Ultra 160 LVD/SE SCSI, USB2.0
– Disk capacity 23.3GB
– Data rates: Read 11 MB/s (CLV), 4.5 – 11 MB/s (CAV) , Write 9 MB/s (CLV), 3.8 – 9 MB/s (CAV)
– Sector size: 2,048Bytes
– Seek time (CAV): Full seeking 200ms, 1/3 seeking 110ms
– Load/eject time: 6.0 seconds/3.5 seconds
– Buffer memory: 16MB
– MSBF: 300,000 times
– Dimensions: 199.3 (W) ×59 (H) ×306.3 (D) mm , Weight: 4.5Kg ,
– Power source: AC100V±10% 50/60Hz
– Electric power consumption: 20.1W (average)