LG Mobile Phones and Verizon Wireless announce their newest handset, the VX4500 will be available to customers on Jan. 29. Equipped with some of the most advanced functions available today, the VX4500 offers the latest in voice recognition commands and two-way speakerphone technology.
The VX4500’s two-way speakerphone allows customers to speak hands-free with one push of a button. With its powerful voice recognition command system, users can access their contacts, voicemail, schedules and time information quickly, accurately and safely, without touching the keypad. The VX4500 also features a color screen and external LCD screen so users can see caller ID without flipping open the phone. The external screen can also be set to flash a different color for events such as incoming calls, a new voice mail message, text message or missed call.
The VX4500 gives consumers a sleek new twist on LG’s trademark clamshell design and an extensive selection of must-have features they have come to expect from LG. The VX4500 functions as a personal organizer with a phone book that stores up to 499 names with five numbers and three email address per contact, a calendar with scheduler, built-in alarm clock, CMX MIDI sound, 36 standard ring tones and speed dialing. The VX4500 also features English and Spanish language options, T9 text input, five-way navigation key, TTY/TDD, SMS capabilities and is E911 capable. Connecting the phone to a local PC network is easy with the VX4500’s external USB capability and Openwave UP 4.1 browser.
The VX4500 is also Get It Now-enabled. Verizon Wireless’ Get It Now service is a one-stop virtual mall that gives customers a myriad of choices in downloadable pay-as-you-go options that include games, ring tones and productivity tools.
“The VX4500 is a worthy sequel to its predecessor, LG’s popular VX4400. The VX4500 has all the capability and style of the VX4400 with additional advanced features like voice command,” said Jeff Hwang, vice president of marketing for LG Mobile Phones. “It is a perfect phone for customers who have been waiting for a stylish handset that offers the latest in voice recognition and speakerphone capabilities.”
The VX4500 from LG Mobile Phones offers the following features:
* Innovative, Stylish Clamshell
* Get It Now
* E911 Emergency Location Capable
* Blue Backlit Keypad
* 5 Way Navigation Key
* Voice Recognition Command (Contacts, Digit Dial, Redial, Voice Mail,
Driving, Schedule, Time)
* Customized Voice Settings: Voice Commands, Driving Mode, Announce
Alerts, Best Match, Adaptation
* CMX MIDI for Sounds and Ringers
* 36 Standard Ring Tones and Downloadable through Get It Now SM
* Vibrate Modes
* Wallpapers (9: Leaves, Castle, Grass, Golf, Icicle, Monkey, Lake,
San Francisco, Desert)
* Speed Dialing (99 Entries)
* Personal Organizer: Calendar with Voice Scheduler, Voice Memos, Alarm
Clock, Notepad, EZ Tip Calc, Calculator, and World Clock)
* Large Phone Book: 499 contacts (each stores 5 numbers and 3 email
* English and Spanish User Interface
* Openwave UP 4.1 Browser (WAP 2.0)
* TTY/TDD Capable
* External USB Capable
* Personalize Theme Colors (Blue, Green, Violet) and Font Colors (Black,
Blue, Red, Green, Violet)
* Call Setup Capabilities: Auto Retry, Answer Call, Auto Answer,
One-Touch Dial, Voice Privacy, Auto Volume
* TXT Messaging
* T9 Text Input
Pricing and Availability
Retailing for $89.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate with a two-year customer agreement, the LG VX4500 is available in more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at participating RadioShack and Circuit City locations, or on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com.