Following the success of its popular Q1 film camera, Fujifilm has today announced an addition to the family: the Q1 Digital. This curvy, silver, compact digital camera is perfect for beginners, or for those looking for a second camera to keep in their pocket or bag at all times. Easy to operate, and very light in weight at just 108g, the Q1 Digital makes the ideal gift for anyone taking their first steps in photography – adults and children included!
Equipped with some handy features, such as automatic flash, red-eye reduction and a QVGA movie mode, the 2 megapixel Q1 Digital offers a great deal of functionality. Normally, such a stylish camera would carry a heavyweight price tag, however, the Q1 Digital comes in at an expected slimline street price of around £100 (inc VAT).
On the back of this cool camera, you’ll find a colourful 1.5” TFT LCD screen, for easy review and playback of your still images and movies. Its 8MB internal memory means you’re ready to go straight out of the box, and if you want to carry on taking more and more shots, you can insert an xD-Picture Card™ for additional memory (sizes up to 512MB available).
The camera also comes with a handy long strap, so it can be worn around the neck, for ultimate portability.
– Q1 Digital: features at a glance
– 1.92 million effective pixels (1,600 x 1,200 pixels)
– 1/2” CMOS sensor with 1.98 million total pixels
– Attractive, round, compact shape
– Automatic flash with red-eye reduction
– Lens equivalent f = 46mm on a 35mm camera
– 1.5” colour TFT LCD screen (62,000 pixels)
– Focus – normal: 120cm to infinity, macro: approx. 60 – 120cm
– File format: still image JPEG (Exif Ver 2.1), movie AVI (Motion JPEG)
– Storage media: 8MB internal memory and optional xD-Picture Card™ (capacities currently up to 512MB)
– USB output
– Batteries: 2 x AA alkaline (Ni-MH rechargeable batteries optional)
– Neck strap included
Adrian Clarke, Fujifilm’s Director of Consumer Products, commented, “The Q1 was extremely successful as a design for a film camera. What better than to expand the offering to include digital as well? Fujifilm’s technicians have been able to fit the workings of a cutting-edge digital sensor within the curved shell, ingeniously accommodating batteries, circuitry and LCD screen. It’s a camera design that fits wonderfully in the hand, pocket, handbag, or even round the neck, representing that blend of clever design, affordability and Fujifilm picture quality that many people will find to their liking. What’s more, the ease of use of this camera sets new standards in terms of digital technology.”
Pricing and availability
The Q1 Digital will be available in November 2003 at an expected approximate street price of £100 inc VAT.