Microsoft® Game Studios and Hexacto today announced the launch of “Links® Smartphone Edition.” The game brings golf fans the ultimate mobile golf game experience, with photo-quality animations and realistic ball and shot physics that factor in terrain, green conditions and wind for every shot.
Rain or shine, lovers of golf can now get a daily dose of practice, play and game analysis of their game, as they tee off on the most beautiful courses in the world using favorite pros, including these:
· Sergio Garcia at Chateau Whistler
· Craig Stadler at Mesa Roja (expansion pack, fictitious course)
· Dan Forsman at Princeville (expansion pack)
· Mike Weir at Westfields (expansion pack)
“Links Smartphone Edition” features the following:
· State-of-the-art graphics engine for stunningly realistic visuals
· Accurate ball and shot physics that factor in terrain, green conditions, and even wind for every shot on the course
· Photo-quality player animations from real pro golfers, each with distinctive abilities
· The ability to acquire via download expansion packs of different players and courses
“To see ‘Links Smartphone Edition’ come alive this week extends a great franchise for golf fans and mobile gamers into new worldwide audiences on diverse platforms,” said Dave Curtin, studio manager for Microsoft Game Studios. “Hexacto has been a strong development partner in our platform mix for ‘Links.’”
“With support for large, full-color screens, advanced multimedia and processing capabilities, Smartphone-based devices offer a great choice for mobile gamers,” said Mark Spain, director of the Mobile Devices Division at Microsoft Corp. “We’re very excited to be working with a partner like Hexacto to bring a rich, interactive game, such as ‘Links,’ to golf enthusiasts and the mobile community.”
“‘Links’ is already a huge hit with golf devotees, so we are particularly excited to work with Microsoft Game Studios to bring this successful game to the Smartphone market,” said Alexandre Taillefer, President and CEO of Hexacto Games. “It’s the perfect addition to our roster of Smartphone titles.”
“Links Smartphone Edition” sells for $19.95 (USD) and is available online at www.hexacto.com/game_links_smart.php, and will soon be in major e-tail and retail outlets. Expansion packs priced at $4.95 will be released shortly.