Mini-box.com, a subsidiary of Ituner Networks Corp released the Mini-Box M-100 general purpose computer (GPC) based on VIA’s award wining Mini-ITX motherboard, shipping with a small embedded Linux distribution.
With an aluminum frame of just 20 cm (W) x4.4 cm (H) x22 (D) cm the M-100 is ideal for places where space, power consumption and low noise levels are required. Weighing just under 1Kg, the M-100 has made a real breakthrough in the mini-servers, PC automation as well as thin clients applications by combining the latest advancements in low power and small form factor computing.
“By using VIA’s award winning Mini-ITX form factor, combined with our micro power supply as well as a 20×20 LCD, keypad and a general purpose I/O port, the M-100 will allow you to concentrate on your application rather that how your hardware needs to be designed. In situations where visual feedback needs to be provided without a monitor, the M-100 can display vital status messages on the built-in LCD and take commands via the 14 key keypad.” said Andrei Bulucea, the M-100 project manager.
For the portable PC/small Mini-ITX applications, there are good news. The mini-box M-100 is the smallest mini-ITX enclosure to date. Also, by using the PW-60 high efficiency 12V DC-DC converter (also available at mini-box.com), the M-100 can run for about 12 hours from a single 12V/7ah battery.
The M-100 boots from a Compact Flash and is running an embedded Linux version that fits in less that 16Mb or it can boot from a 2.5″ hard disk and run Windows98/NT/2000/XP.
M-100 Standard configuration
– 256Mb PC133 RAM
– 64Mb CompactFlash with Embedded Linux and manuals (128MB on M-100-A)
– 800Mhz x86 VIA c3 processor* (M-100-A uses c2)
– 40Gb 2.5″ IBM drive (M-100-A)
– *533Mhz fanless optional
– 12V, 3A 110/220 AC wall adapter.
– S-Video or Composite video output (Supports NTSC/PAL TV formats)
– 3 Audio Jacks – Line-Out, Line-In and Microphone-In
– 2 USB jacks
– 3 Audio Jacks – Line-out, Mic-in and Line-in
– Four USB ports (two USB ports located at rear side)
– 1 EPP/ECP parallel port
– 1 16C550 compatible serial port
– 2 External PS/2 Compatible Keyboard /Mouse ports
– 2 TV output ports (S-Video or optional RCA TV out)
– 1 S/PDIF out (optional and multiplex with RCA TV out)
– 1 RJ-45 LAN port
– 1 PCI slot (Note: support for two PCI devices)
– 4 GPIO, software controllable