Hi-Touch Imaging Technologies (HiTi) has developed a new line of affordable and high-quality photo printers for today’s digital camera users. The HiTi 630PL, 630PL+ and the 630PS photo printers employ the Dye Diffusion Thermal Transfer (D2T2) technology to deliver 16.77 million color performance. These small footprint printers produce borderless 4″ x 6″ prints with 256 gradation levels per color which are dot-free thanks to continuous tone printing. It is a 4-pass system that transfers yellow, magenta and cyan dyes from a ribbon to the paper and then applies an overcoat to prevent water and UV damage.
The 630PL must be connected to a PC via USB connectivity and is the least expensive (approx $169) of the 630 series of printers. The 630PL+ is an advanced model that provides for turbo plus printing speed. The 630PL+ prints a 4″ x 6″ photo within 50 seconds, half to one-third the print time of competing dye sub printers. The $249 model 630PS reviewed here has the same basic dimensions and print engine of the 630PL plus it offers the ability to operate without need of a PC system.
HiTi 630PS Features:
– 4″ x 6″ borderless photos in approx. 100 seconds
– 16.77 million color 300 x 300 dpi continuous tone dye sublimation printing
– USB Connect to PC or standalone operation
– CompactFlash Type I/II and SmartMedia card slots
– Handy controller with 1.6″ color LCD monitor
– Easily enhance, crop or rotate your pictures
– DPOF compatible with today’s digital cameras
– Small, compact and inexpensive with low per-print cost
– Includes Photo Desiree’ and Mr Photo3 software bundle for organizing, editing and creating custom prints and albums.